JOHN DAVIS, Sex., the ancestor, was born in England, in 1612. His wife, whose maiden name is unknown, was also born in England, died at East Hampton, Dec. 17, 1696. He died at East Hampton, Dec. 22, 1705, about 4 oclock in the morning, aged 93 years. (See E. Hampton Church records.) Four children came with them to America. [History of the Davis Family, p.4:]
Children: [History of the Davis Family, p.4:]
1. John DAVIS, b.1676 England, d. Aug.1766 East Hampton, L I, NY, **This would mean that John the father had his first child when he was 64 and continued to say 1690 when he was ae.78 ?????
2. Hannah DAVIS, b.1680 England, d. June 1759 East Hampton, L I,
3.+Thomas DAVIS, b.1686 England, d.5 Aug.1751 East Hampton, L I,
4. Maryette DAVIS, bap.16 Sep.1704, she was baptized by Rev. Nathaniel Huntting at East Hampton, L I, Sept. 16. under the head of "adult baptisms," (East Hampton Church records.)
Hannah Davis was married Jan. 6, 1701, to Jonathan Baker, son of Nathaniel and Catharine (Schellinger) Baker, of Amagansett, town of E. Hampton, L. I., and grandson of Thomas and Alice Baker, who came to Amagansett from Milford, Conn., in 1650, and were among the first settlers of the town of East Hampton. She died June 9, 1759, and was buried in the old South Burying Ground at E. Hampton. Her brother, John Davis, who died Aug. 3, 1766, is buried by her side. Their children were David and Jonathan.
Jonathan Baker was married. Nov. 21, 1732, to Mary Talmage, daughter of John Talmage, of E. Hampton. Their children were :
1. Mary BAKER, who died in infancy.
2. Jonathan BAKER, bap.24 Nov. 1734,
3. William BAKER, bap.1 June 1740,
4. Thomas BAKER, bap.23 May 1742,
5. Temperance BAKER, bap.20 May 1744,