Son of Thomas DAVIS, merchant, and m. 11 Jan.1722 to Abigail PARSONS, d. Dec.1745 ae.60, had 2 children: John and Abigail, b.26 Apr. 1725 Easthampton, NY, d.25 May 1795 Amagansett, LI, NY,
John Davis was married, 1st, Dec. 31, 1744, to Catherine Talmage, only child of Enos and Catherine (Baker) (Townsend) Talmage, of E. Hampton, L. 1. Catherine Baker was a daughter of Nathaniel Baker, who was a son of Thomas Baker, one of the first settlers of E. Hampton. She was married, 1st, to Benjamin Townsend, June 15, 1715. They had one child who died at the age of three months. Benjamin Townsend died at Killingworth, Conn., July 31, 1716. His widow was married to Capt. Enos Talmage, of E. Hampton, L.L, Dec. 19, 1821. He died, April 3, 1723, aged 26 years. Their daughter Catherine, who married John Davis, jr., was baptized Feb. 28, 1723. She died April 11, 1759. Benjamin Townsend, the first husband of Catherine Baker, was a carpenter by trade, [History of the Davis Family, p.8:]
1. Catherine DAVIS, b.18 Mar.1746 East Hampton, LI, NY, d.5 April 1754 East Hampton,
2.+John DAVIS, b.20 Jan.1748 East Hampton, d.31 Mar.1809 Stonington, Connecticut,
3. Benjamin DAVIS, b.4 Jan.1750 East Hampton, LI, d. in infancy.
4.+Thomas DAVIS, b.27 Nov.1751 East Hampton, L I, d.23 Jan.1831 Preston, Connecticut,
5. Benjamin DAVIS, b.15 May 1754 East Hampton, L I, d. young.
6. Enos DAVIS, b.14 Oct.1755 East Hampton, L I, d.31 May 1837 Preston, Connecticut,
7. Catherine DAVIS, b.5 April 1758 East Hampton, L I, d.18 July 1831 Uwina Stonington, CT,
8. Abigail DAVIS, b.5 April 1758 East Hampton, L I, d. in infancy,